Work Health Coordinator – Bar Harbor – 23007
Department: Work Health – JAX
Position is located: Jax Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
*This position is located on the Jackson Lab Campus in Bar Harbor
This position will support the Work Health at JAX clinic operations. The Coordinator will be comfortable with all administrative aspects of clinic operations. (S)He will exercise independent decision-making abilities and conflict resolution skills, requiring little supervision and guidance while displaying the utmost professionalism, at all times. The Coordinator will be responsible for greeting patients, answering phones, responding to emails, making referrals, scheduling, maintaining inventory and billing.(S)He will also be responsible for rooming patients, taking patient vitals, and maintaining exam room inventory and cleanliness between patients. The Coordinator will provide delivery of occupational health services, such, audiograms, spirometry, and respirator fit testing, following appropriate training and required certification(s) to meet client needs. This person will also be the administrative point of contact for referral providers, and employees at all levels, both internally and externally.
Education and Experience
- 2-4 years of administrative assistant experience and 2-year degree in secretarial science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Minimum of 1-year experience within Work Health or occupational medicine.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess effective decision-making skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work within deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs at hand, which may require some longer days, at times.
- Solid understanding of workers compensation, employer services and occupational health.
- Strong working knowledge of the electronic medical record, word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, data base experience and other computer related skills. Experience with other Microsoft Office products, preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and independent judgment, in response to complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with staff at all levels.
- Must also be able to work cohesively in a team-oriented environment and be able to foster good working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to make effective and timely decisions, with corresponding plan of action, consulting with management, as appropriate.
- Performs occupational health services such as spirometry, audiograms, and respirator fit testing.
- Responsible for front desk functions; greeting patients, answering calls, responding to emails, scheduling appointments, and making referrals
- Responsible for supply ordering and maintaining clinic inventory.
- Responsible for rooming patients, taking vitals, and maintaining room inventory and cleanliness between patients.
- Assists with the training of new staff.
- Establishes and strengthens relationships with clients and customers, primarily comprised of external businesses and employers.
- Responsible for the management and tracking of referrals for assigned Work Health clinics.
- Always strives for efficient and standard processes, within the entire company.
- Reviews documentation for daily visits to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains positive working relationships with company staff.
- Plays a lead role in data management and special projects.
- Ability to resolve conflicts with little to no supervision.
- Assists with employer service account resolution.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Passion: We demonstrate a passion for caring for others and the pursuit of service excellence in all that we do.
Integrity: We commit to the highest standards of behavior and doing the correct thing for the right reasons.
Partnership: Working together in collaboration and teamwork is more powerful than working alone.
Accountability: We take a responsible and disciplined approach to achieving our priorities and responding to an ever changing environment.
Innovation: We are capable of extraordinary creativity and are willing to explore new ideas to achieve our healthcare mission.
Respect: We respect the dignity, worth and rights of others.
- Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally, sitting most of the time, and only brief periods of standing and walking.
- Requires the ability to travel to member organizations as needed
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities.
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Works in a typical office environment, requiring the ability to frequently respond to unpredictable situations. Time may be spent sitting at a computer, collaborating with other team members. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, at work station, using a keyboard, working in front of a video display monitor most of the day.
- Repetitive wrist and hand motion. The ability to reach and stretch intermittently.
- Tolerance and ability to manage frequent interruptions
Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the essential duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all essential duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.