The Chamber is Hiring!
The Chamber is hiring a Visitor Services/ Administrative Position. Applicant should have exceptional interpersonal skills and enjoy working with the public. Good general knowledge of the region’s assets. Dependable, organized, and familiar with office procedures. Computer skills a must. Knowledge of QuickBooks and online newsletters helpful. Approximately 30 hours per week. Some evenings and events. Competitive hourly wage; 401k; pro-rated vacation pay. Full job description below. Apply with resume to [email protected]
Visitor Services/Admin. Front Desk Job Description
Public Facing position that requires good interpersonal skills, excellent customer service skills with a knowledge of the area/region that the chamber serves. Provides information to all visitors, members, and community when requested. Assists all staff with programs, services and events.
Job Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
- Visitor information: Greeting visitors and members in person and by phone, maintaining up to date brochures, maps, menus, rack cards, business cards, transportation schedules, seasonal business information. Contact appropriate sources when inventory is low. Bulletin boards, general neatness of visitor center. Maintain visitor register, Park Passes, Daily Visitor Counts, Lodging availability during peak season
- Office Supply: maintaining storage closet items, seasonal event items,
Stationary supplies, mailing supplies, general office supplies ordering.
Copy machine supplies, copy machine general maintenance
- Member services: Maintain Business Directory, Member contacts list,
Bulk mailing services, appropriate referrals, Member renewal information and thank you’s. Maintain supplies of membership plaques, renewal years.
- Events: maintain RSVP lists, Business After Hours nametags and supplies,
Assist staff with events and supplies needed, attendance at events when requested. May need to use own vehicle
- Newsletters and Social Media: Liaison with Ellsworth American for Newsletter. Printing labels, bulk mailing paperwork, pick up and delivery of postal bags and trays for mailings. Contact members re: inserts and dates; Collating inserts for newsletter; assist with social media shares.
- Constant Contact Weekly E News: maintain events, and information for weekly E News, produce Constant Contact E News.
- Chamber Guidebook: maintain delivery lists, distribution lists, maintain business information including Dining Lodging information, other lists as needed. Guidebook bulk mailing requests, individual mailings, maintain supplies in chamber office and storage space.
- Assist with billing; Quikbooks, member questions re: billing
- Assist with maintaining neat and clean center, storage areas and bathrooms. Trash removal, snow removal from front door.
- *Notary license and service
- Assist Director and staff with other activities, projects, as needed.
- Assist Board Members and volunteers as needed.
* Chamber will purchase and pay for all Notary licensing, and supplies.