Tai Chi Can Help You Stay Active and Stress Free this Summer
Healthy Acadia’s, “Tai Chi for Health” classes are a great way to stay active and keep calm, all summer long. “Tai Chi for Health” incorporates slow, gentle and controlled movement with focused breathing to improve relaxation, flexibility, concentration, balance, coordination, and muscle strength.
“Tai Chi for Health” is an evidence-based program that employs a step-by-step teaching method, making tai chi fun and easy to learn for people of all ages and at all levels of physical ability. Healthy Acadia’s certified instructors will offer, “Tai Chi for Health” classes at several locations in Washington and Hancock counties this summer. A $5 per-class donation is suggested. Sign up for a class near you:
- Bucksport – Fridays, July 5 – August 23, 2019; 10:00am to 11:00am. Bucksport Regional Health Center, 110 Broadway. Info/register: Nina Zeldin at 207-479-1206 or email@example.com.
- Brooksville – Thursdays, July 11 – August 29, 2019; 9:00am to 10:00am (Beginner); 10:00am to 11:00am (Intermediate). David’s Folly Farm, 1390 Coastal Road. Info/register: Mia Kanazawa at 207-326-9065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calais– Mondays, June 10 – July 29, 2019; 2:00pm to 3:00pm. Calais Peer Recovery Center, 311 Main Street. Info/register: Christine Morris at 207-214-7856 or email@example.com.
- Deer Isle – Wednesdays, July 3 – August 21, 2019; 10:15am to 10:45am (Seated); Deer Isle Nursing Home, 587 N. Deer Isle Road. 11:00am to 12:00pm (Standing). Saint Brendan the Navigator Church, 627 N. Deer Isle Road. Info/register: Mia Kanazawa at 207-326-9065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ellsworth – Thursdays, July 5 – August 23, 2019; 10:45am to 11:45am. Moore Community Center, 133 State Street. Info/register: Nina Zeldin at 207-667-7171 or email@example.com.
- Machias – Tuesdays and Thursdays, July 16 – September 15, 2019; 8:30am to 9:30am. University of Maine at Machias’ Fitness Center Library, 116 O’Brien Avenue. Info/register: Samantha Williams, 207-214-6516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milbridge– Tuesdays, June 11 – July 30, 2019; 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Women’s Health Resource Library, 24 School Street. Info/Register: Shannon Schimpf at 207-460-7218 or email@example.com.
- Steuben– Wednesdays, July 3 – August 21, 2019; 10:00am to 11:00am. Henry D, Moore Library and Community Center, 22 Village Road. Info/Register: Shannon Schimpf at 207-460-7218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional classes may be offered according to demand. To inquire about tai chi classes in your community, please email Nina Zeldin at email@example.com or call 207-667-7171. For more information about “Tai Chi for Health” or other programs offered by Healthy Acadia, please visit www.healthyacadia.org.