Full-Time Trainee Warehouse/Operations positions available! No prior experience necessary and training is provided. Starting wage is $15.00/hour!
The Operations Trainee program offers a great career with no experience necessary. We will provide the training you need for a successful career working at The Jackson Laboratory. Working under direct supervision, this position is responsible for participating in the acquisition, sanitation, distribution, and minor maintenance of all equipment and supplies required for operation of animal facilities. In smaller work groups, the incumbent may be responsible for one or more areas of responsibility as outlined below.
Our Animal Care operations in Bar Harbor and Ellsworth, Maine are currently undergoing a massive expansion! NOW is an excellent time to join us!
- Receive excellent pay – $15 per hour starting pay and $15.75 per hour upon completion of initial training!
- Receive regularly scheduled pay increases with the ability to increase your pay 25% in 2 years!
- Take advantage of extensive opportunities for career growth and advancement with the Lab.
- Take advantage of robust educational opportunities including genetics, lab animal science, and leadership courses onsite as well extensive hands on
- Receive tuition reimbursement support for college degrees.
Please speak with your JAX recruiter for more details.
- Operates tunnel washers, bottle washing machines, decapping machines and rack washers
- Sanitizing soiled supplies and equipment into the CSA
- Organizes floor area receiving soiled materials and equipment
- Performs maintenance on pallets
- Complies with all safety procedures and policies
- Quality control all materials and equipment to ensure optimal standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a regular basis, including manipulating heavy objects, climbing step ladders, pushing, pulling, and regularly lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to learn sanitation methods to meet criteria needed to maintain the health status and ensure the well-being of mice
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive, team player behavior