MaineCF’s Downeast Innovation Fund seeks applications
PORTLAND & ELLSWORTH — The Downeast Innovation Fund of the Maine Community Foundation is accepting grant applications. Part of MaineCF’s strategic focus on entrepreneurship and innovation, the fund supports nonprofit organizations that provide programs to improve or increase entrepreneurship and innovation in business and the local economies of Hancock and Washington counties.
The Downeast Innovation Fund’s priorities include:
- Increase or improve skills, opportunities, and/or willingness of community members to be entrepreneurial or innovative
- Support and/or remove barriers for entrepreneurs and innovators
- Build and strengthen relationships, connections, and networks to support entrepreneurs and innovators
- Help create equitable opportunity for entrepreneurs who are women, people of color and those working in remote communities
- Leverage partnerships within or build upon the work of organizations participating in the Downeast Innovation Network
- Contribute to, build, and/or strengthen the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Washington and/or Hancock counties.
Grant awards of up to $10,000 are available. The deadline for applications is October 15, 2019. An online application, guidelines, priorities, and a list of recent grants are available at www.mainecf.org. If you have questions, please contact Senior Program Officer Maggie Drummond-Bahl via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (207) 761-2440.
Headquartered in Ellsworth, with additional personnel in Portland, Dover-Foxcroft, and Mars Hill, the Maine Community Foundation works with donors and other partners to provide strong investments, personalized service, local expertise, and strategic giving to improve the quality of life for all Maine people. To learn more about the foundation, visit www.mainecf.org.