MaineCF Hosts Statewide Summit on Entrepreneurship
PORTLAND & ELLSWORTH – Entrepreneurs and innovators take center stage at the Maine Community Foundation’s annual Invest in Maine Summit on November 13, 3:30-7:30 p.m., at the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor.
“The summit will explore the ways we can support entrepreneurs and innovators to collectively create a brighter future for all Maine,” says MaineCF President and CEO Steve Rowe. “We’ll celebrate the visionaries creating opportunity for themselves and others while gaining a better understanding of the networks and resources that support them and the barriers that stand in the way.”
- Martha Bentley, manager, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- Tae Chong, manager, social enterprise and workforce development, Catholic Charities Maine
- Matt Dunne, founder & executive director, Center on Rural Innovation
- Kerem Durdag, COO, GWI (Great Works Internet)
- Don Gooding, founder, Singity, and chairman, Introspective Systems
- Sarah Guerette, director, Women’s Business Center, CEI
- Justin Hafner, CEO, KinoTek
- Heather Johnson, commissioner, Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- Hannah Pingree, director, Maine Office of Innovation and the Future
- Cyndi Prince, CEO, LooHoo, LLC
Other summit highlights include a new video highlighting Maine entrepreneurs; announcement of a new MaineCF grant opportunity coming in 2020-2021; and a pitch event hosted by Blitz. Pitch participants include KinoTek, True North Beauty, and Gert & Lil’s.
Registration is available at www.mainecf.org or by calling
A statewide organization headquartered in Ellsworth with additional personnel in Portland, Dover-Foxcroft and Mars Hill, the Maine Community Foundation works with donors and other partners to improve the quality of life for all Maine people. For questions or more information, visit www.mainecf.org or call 1-877-700-6800.