The Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce is hiring! We are now accepting resumes for a Membership Coordinator.
The Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for a full-time Membership Coordinator. This position manages recruiting and retention of our chamber members, coordination of member events and benefits such as Business After Hours, promotions and educational programming, website and guidebook advertising.
The Membership Coordinator will also assist the Director and chamber staff with all major events including Autumn Gold Weekend, Annual Meeting, Business Conference and Trade Show. The Chamber office is the active center of business and tourism in Ellsworth.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, strong written and computer skills. Previous sales and/or marketing experience strongly preferred. The job requires some travel in personal vehicle as well as some evenings and weekend days.
Job Description: Membership Coordinator
- Responsible for the growth and development of a vital Chamber membership program
- Leads acquisition of new members, the retention and satisfaction of existing members as well as follow up with dropped members.
- Maintaining the membership database: able to provide statistical information on the status of chamber membership, track monthly revenue, and update contact information in QuickBooks
- Responsible for mailing monthly statements to members, contact with past due members, collecting overdue balances, and assisting members with payment options.
- Coordinate and assist with membership based events such as the Business After Hours, Lunch and Learn, Business Conferences, Eggs & Issues and others as instructed by the Director.
- Chair the Membership/Marketing Committee and Hancock County Business Committee. Attend other committee meetings, as determined by the Director
- Assist Marketing Manager with Guidebook ad sales including Sales Kickoff in late summer, pickup ads from previous year, new advertisers, sales sheets. Work with Marketing manager and book designer for ad placement, renewing ads and more.
- Work with Marketing manager to promote website upgrades and banner advertising. Assist with member events calendars, E News, and social media
- Compile membership packets and work with the Executive Director and Marketing Manager to prepare and develop membership recruitment and retention materials.
- Assist with Monthly Newsletter prep
- With Chamber Director, direct, manage and or facilitate Chamber major events including but not limited to Business Conference/Business Expo, Autumn Gold, Annual Meeting, March Dine Around and other community/chamber events.
- Provide excellent customer service for Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce members, Business Community, Public and visitors. Assist tourism desk as needed
- Performs other assigned duties as directed.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service communications skills
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills, time management and general office skills.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Publisher computer programs as well as social media platforms.
- Event planning, management and facilitation skills, including meetings, agendas, logistics.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with the staff, Board of Directors, membership, community organizations and the public.
- Outgoing friendly personality who enjoys networking and people
Send your resume with cover letter to:
Gretchen Wilson, Executive Director to email@example.com by October 26, 2017