Customer Service Representative
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Customer Service Representative performs a variety of administrative and computer related responsibilities to ensure customer satisfaction, promote corporate goals and objectives and grow the company while contributing to an efficient, harmonious working environment. Serves as a Dead River Company ambassador by adhering to our Brand Promise, Guarantees and Pledges and our Co-Worker Guarantees and Pledges.
1. Courteously answer incoming telephone calls and assist walk-in customers.
2. Utilizes the ADDS E3 system for customer account maintenance, setting up new accounts, and updating customer logs.
3. Perform computer related input and other clerical tasks relating to one or more of the following: Inventory control, accounts payable, accounts receivable, computer input (posting), price change administration, payments received, and bank deposits.
4. Develop a thorough knowledge of all departments, products, services, and delivery schedules.
5. Enthusiastically participates in annual market objectives, promotional programs and contests.
6. Support other members of the office staff by cross-training within the department and offering assistance as needed.
7. Perform other miscellaneous office duties such as filing, photocopying, and shredding.
Assist with special projects and other work-related duties as assigned.
Other Attributes Required:
2) Good communication and listening skills
3) Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
4) Ability to work in a dynamic environment without distraction
5) Courteous demeanor and professional appearance
6) Flexibility to work seasonal overtime
7) Trouble shooting skills – within and between departments
8) The ability to adapt to change
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
One year of previous customer service experience including computer work is preferred.
Equipment and Tools Used:
Calculator, telephone, computer terminal, copier,
This position works as a “trusted advisor” to provide assistance to our customers. Resolves customer issues such as delivery or billing problems. If dissatisfaction persists, the customer is referred to the appropriate department head for resolution.
The main safety concern relates to proper ergonomics while working at a video display terminal.
This position deals frequently with customers over the telephone and in person requiring excellent customer relations skills. The Customer Service Representative also cooperatively works with other employees and interacts with other departments.
The work environment is mainly an office setting. The heating season is typically faster paced than the rest of the year.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
• The position requires frequent sitting and some standing.
• There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
• There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone
Weight or Force Moved:
There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 10 pounds.