Bar Harbor Bank & Trust Awards Scholarships to Local Students Starting College
For many years Bar Harbor Bank & Trust has awarded scholarships to local high school graduating seniors to help offset the cost of attending college. Annually the Bank awards $8,500 in scholarships, sixteen awards of $500 each, to graduates from Eastport to Deer Isle.
Each spring the scholarship committees of designated high schools are asked to nominate students to receive the Bar Harbor Bank & Trust awards. Please join us in congratulating these fine young people and encouraging them in their pursuit of a college degree.
The Bankers and Business scholarship was established to support higher education for students pursuing a banking or business related degree. To qualify, students must have enhanced their education through participation in extracurricular activities, proven to be strong citizens at school and in the community, and encouraged others to be involved. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust Bankers and Business scholarship award recipients for 2016 include:
- Sabrina Damon of Stonington, a graduate of Deer Isle-Stonington High School, plans to attend Empire Beauty School.
- Bruce St. Peter of Ellsworth, a graduate of Ellsworth High School, plans to attend Husson University.
- Allyson Snow of Blue Hill, a graduate of George Stevens Academy, plans to attend Husson University.
- Dana McKechnie of Jonesport, a graduate of Jonesport-Beals High School will attend the University of Maine at Machias.
- Seth Doherty of Lubec plans to attend Husson University.
- Tate Dolley of Whiting, a graduate of Machias Memorial High School, will attend Husson University.
- Quinn Isaacs of Mt. Desert, a graduate of Mt. Desert Island High School, plans to attend the University of Maine.
- Susi Vazquez-Lara of Milbridge, a graduate of Narraguagus High School will attend Husson University.
- Michaela Byers of Sullivan, a graduate of Sumner Memorial High School, plans to attend the University of New England.
- Kerriann Farris of Cutler, a graduate of Washington Academy, plans to attend University of Maine at Machias.