3.8.18 EMDC CEDS Listening Sessions Welcome Feedback
Bangor –Eastern Maine Development Corporation and the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) planning committee are encouraging community members to join them for five listening sessions throughout our region, beginning on March 8th. The sessions are open to the public; committee members welcome thoughts and input regarding economic priorities, strategies and barriers within our region.
The feedback received from these listening sessions will be shared with a broader audience in the future, to help drive the next version of the CEDS plan. The plan is available for organizations and communities for reference when seeking grant funding and for driving local and regional economic development.
“CEDS is a tool meant to enhance partnerships and strategies that are essential to building the economic health of our region and state,” said Dr. Lisa Larson, President of Eastern Maine Community College and Co-Chair of EMDC’s CEDS planning committee. Christopher Winstead, Executive Director of the Piscataquis County Economic Development Council and Co-Chair of EMDC’s CEDS planning committee agrees, “I am pleased to see EMDC’s commitment to hearing from local stakeholders. It’s our region; together we can make a difference and the CEDS help prioritize our efforts.”
In an effort to reach as many communities throughout the region as possible, listening sessions will be held throughout EMDC’s and CEDS’ four-county footprint: Penobscot, Piscataquis, Hancock and Waldo Counties will each have at least one session, with the complete schedule listed below:
• Thursday, March 8th, 3:00pm – 5:00pm, at Waldo County Emergency Management Agency, 4 Public Safety Way, Belfast
• Thursday, March 15th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, at Katahdin Higher Education Center, Mike Michaud Conference Room, 1 Industrial Drive, East Millinocket
• Thursday, March 22nd, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, at Ellsworth City Hall, 1 City Hall Plaza, Ellsworth
• Thursday, March 29th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, at Eastern Maine Community College, Rangeley Hall Room 105, 354 Hogan Road, Bangor
• Thursday, April 5th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm , at Penquis Higher Education Center, Room 109, 50 Mayo Street, Dover-Foxcroft
Eastern Maine Development Corporation (EMDC) is a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization. Celebrating 50 years of service, EMDC is proud to create economic development opportunities in Eastern Maine through community, business, and workforce development. For more information about the services EMDC provides, please visit emdc.org or call (207) 942-6389.
Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) is a committee appointed by the Board of Directors of EMDC. CEDS oversees the development and implementation of a regional comprehensive economic development strategy, and serves as a guide for establishing regional goals and objectives. For more information about CEDS, please contact EMDC at (207) 942-6389.